Episode #30 Style Meets History with Roxy Haji and Kimi Gallegos
Fashion fiends, history buffs, political junkies - the show you've all been waiting for has arrived. I am very happy to be able to speak with Roxy Haji and Kimi Gallegos of Old News Co. about the intersection of fashion, history, and political discourse.
- Things that people who love history can pursue in the real word that do not necessarily involve the traditional historian career path.
- The connection between studying fashion and studying history...yes, there is one :)
- A non-partisan approach to business in a politically charged era.
- Listening to people with whom you do not necessarily agree.
- The fine line between commemoration and trivialization.
- Maybe some news about James Buchanan.
- The future of political fashion.
You'll want to check out the book recs, of course...Kimi suggests we check out the controversial but extraordinarily important A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn and Roxy says we need to check out The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism by Doris Kearns Goodwin. Done and done.